POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RC Prop Image, help on wood texture : Re: RC Prop Image, help on wood texture Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RC Prop Image, help on wood texture
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 30 Oct 2008 01:50:00
Message: <web.49094a142abe9258a5d4a01d0@news.povray.org>
Very nice image, and nice textures on everything--wood included.

If the wood seems too much like plastic to you, though, then you might turn down
the reflection a bit and perhaps add a very subtle normal map with the same
pattern that you use for the pigment.  I don't know if that would be at all
realistic, since I would think any piece of wood that was to be used as a
propeller would be about as plasticy-smooth as you could hope for.

If it were me, though, I think I'd leave it as-is.  It looks great to me.