POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cracks : Re: Cracks Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cracks
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 29 Oct 2008 05:10:00
Message: <web.490827601fff3059d5b77e4a0@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> if you want tu use some isosurfaces, it may better to use CSG differences
> rather than try to use a single isosurface.
> Like substracting the cracks from the isosurface.
> difference{
>  isosurface{.....}//main object
>  object{Crack1}
>  object{Crack2}
>  }

Yes, that's exactly how I'm already doing it, but with meshes. I meant I
couldn't see how to make the crack shape with an isosurface, since my cracks
thin to nothing at the edges (I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to make a
continuous crack).

OTOH, if I used a difference of isosurfaces it wouldn't parse and render in 15
seconds! :)