POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eva sails away : Re: Eva sails away Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eva sails away
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 25 Oct 2008 22:30:01
Message: <web.4903d53e81c7ccbbd1b3ad10@news.povray.org>
> I have no idea what causes the white lines on the sails. It is due to
> fog-media, but I don't now why.

What are the sails made from? I've seen similar artifacts in my own work when
using sphere_sweeps and other parametrics (which I've found is often due to
rounding/precision errors). Scaling the entire scene several times larger often
fixes that sort of thing for me.

Okay, the critique: the near shoreline looks a bit too geometric (faceted) to me
agaisnt the water, and I think the grass is too uniformly green.

Overall a nice scene though, very tranquil.

-Rob