POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Translucent Leaf Texture : Re: Translucent Leaf Texture Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translucent Leaf Texture
From: slongay
Date: 24 Oct 2008 22:45:00
Message: <web.490287ac694f7e34dc638afc0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the quick replies.

To give proper credit one of the guys in my lab is designing a program which
creates those trees. I'm only in charge of getting them into POV-Ray, putting
them in a landscape and making nice pictures.

I currently do use the double illuminate but this only allows the light to
illuminate the other side of the leaf and not pass through it to illuminate
into the crown.

I have tried using 2 instances of my leaves mesh, one with transparency and
shadows but no image and the other without transparency and shadows but with
image. It does help to brighten the crown slightly but I still have some
playing to do. I will give media a shot tomorrow and then post the results.

Thanks
-Steve