POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Overgrown Sponza Atrium : Re: Overgrown Sponza Atrium Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Overgrown Sponza Atrium
From: Kenneth
Date: 24 Oct 2008 13:55:00
Message: <web.49020b8db212fa478dcad930@news.povray.org>
"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:

> As it turns out, it was the massive focal blur along with radiosity normals that
> were slowing things down so much. Here's another version I did today using the
> Stanford Lucy statue. The AO and regular passes for this version rendered in
> just over 6 hours (for both) with minimal focal blur and radiosity normals off.

Really beautiful.

I was wondering how you imported the Lucy statue into POV-Ray.  I went to the
Stanford 3D Scanning Repository (one source for Lucy), took a look at the PLY
file format stuff there, then went to PoseRay to see if it could import PLY
files. But it doesn't.  Did you do an intermediate step, like using MeshLab?

Ken W.