POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Overgrown Sponza Atrium : Re: Overgrown Sponza Atrium Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:35:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Overgrown Sponza Atrium
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 23 Oct 2008 22:35:01
Message: <web.49013388b212fa4bd1b3ad10@news.povray.org>
> I wonder how would MCPov do in this case. In almost 100 hours you might
> get very good results with it in this scene.

Yes, I've been meaning to experiment with MCPov a bit more, but time has been
rather tight for me lately.

As it turns out, it was the massive focal blur along with radiosity normals that
were slowing things down so much. Here's another version I did today using the
Stanford Lucy statue. The AO and regular passes for this version rendered in
just over 6 hours (for both) with minimal focal blur and radiosity normals off.

Cheers,
-Rob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: