POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragons & sphere (cgsphere) - radiosity splotches : Dragons & sphere (cgsphere) - radiosity splotches Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Dragons & sphere (cgsphere) - radiosity splotches
From: Vincent L
Date: 17 Oct 2008 10:50:01
Message: <web.48f8a50c3c5e7de7af0bb6200@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

In an attempt to get a clean render, I am trying to tune
the radiosity settings for the scene.

With the following settings I get round splotches as shown
on the attached image. I tried various changes in the settings
making the splotches smaller, or changing their location,
but to date, I still have round splotches. (I manage to find these
by comparing with other settings renders ; with nearest_count 10
splotches move and are less visible, yet there are still splotches).

Has anyone of you encountered such splotches and managed to
get rid of them ? Any suggestion ?

Here are the settings :

global_settings {
  charset utf8
  adc_bailout 0.001
  max_trace_level 10
  #if(Rad)
    radiosity{
      pretrace_start 0.04
      pretrace_end   0.02
      count 300
      nearest_count 5
      error_bound 0.07
      recursion_limit 1
      low_error_factor .5
      minimum_reuse 0.01
      brightness 1
      adc_bailout 0.01
    }
  #end
}

Vincent

P.S. Splotches are apparently linked to reflection finish
(finish { reflection { 0.0, 0.5 } }) of the dragons. The same
scene with matte dragons has no splotches...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sphere_dragon__bigger_sphere_04_05bc__1h26_splotches.png' (447 KB)

Preview of image 'sphere_dragon__bigger_sphere_04_05bc__1h26_splotches.png'
sphere_dragon__bigger_sphere_04_05bc__1h26_splotches.png