POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dandelion : Re: Dandelion Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dandelion
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 14 Oct 2008 17:45:01
Message: <web.48f511f7ab533c2cea3236f00@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Nice plant, Bill!  I'd *really like* to see a CU of the flower and its green
> bulb...

Here it is. As I said, it's not meant to stand up to this sort of closeup!

I've been playing with solid leaves and media... not great results so far. I can
just about get a translucent effect on the unlit side, and from certain angles
it looks quite good, but to be honest the effect is very subtle, and the render
time shoots up. 3D leaves = easy, media settings = hard. As per usual.

The solid leaves are only a relatively simple addition to the macro, so I think
I'll shelve it for now so I can do some different plant types...

Attachments:
Download 'dandhead.jpg' (31 KB)

Preview of image 'dandhead.jpg'
dandhead.jpg