POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cave Of The Ancients : Re: Cave Of The Ancients Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cave Of The Ancients
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Oct 2008 01:00:00
Message: <web.48f2d5003ef45c6778dcad930@news.povray.org>
"Reactor" <rea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> > No radiosity for this scene (yet); rad and photons together have some issues
> > that I haven't solved.
> >

> I, too, have had a large amount of problems using radiosity and photons at the
> same time.  As a result, I typically render an image in 3 or more passes - a
> radiosity pass using save_file, a seperate photon pass also saving the results,
> then a final pass when the radiosity and photon data is loaded.

I actually did try some experiments with that idea--out of desperation-- and it
looked very promising. (It was the *only* way I could figure out how to
eliminate the problem.) And I did discover some interesting things along the
way, about how they interact. I didn't pursue it far enough, though. :-[ Yet
another *tangent* to pursue; after all that shapes.inc stuff, I figured I'd
better finish the scene first. I *will* get back to it. Good to know that
others are thinking along the same lines.

KW