POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cave Of The Ancients : Re: Cave Of The Ancients Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cave Of The Ancients
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Oct 2008 00:25:01
Message: <web.48f2cd003ef45c6778dcad930@news.povray.org>
"Carlo C." <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> The picture is very suggestive.
> I like the presence of POV logo.

Thank you! The logo is actually a height_field, made from a sort of 'depth
render' of the actual logo 'object' in logo.inc. I originally wanted some tool
'chisel marks' on it--as if ancient sculptors had made it--so I set it up as
part procedural HF/part crackle function. Hard to describe; but the result
looked nice. In the end, though, it just looked too 'busy' for the scene. So as
it turned out, I could have used the much-simpler POV logo object itself!

Ken W.