POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #9 : Re: PoVEarth, day #9 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth, day #9
From: Reactor
Date: 3 Sep 2008 15:30:00
Message: <web.48bee4a43f41c8c03433a17c0@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> High!
>
> Today I found some time to continue with my apartment... after
> implementing Reactor's suggestions (using different diffuse values for
> inside and outside finishes and increasing radiosity brightness) and
> also setting global ambient to 0.35, I managed to get a crudely
> believable level of inside illumination.
>
> But there are still some problems to fix: as you might notice in take 35
> and 36, the radiosity illumination of the very same surface obviously
> depends strongly on the camera position - the bathroom walls are much
> darker if I look straight to the door! Is there any chance to avoid such
> dependencies?
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

Actually, I strongly recommend against using ambient for this.  The surfaces
should have an ambient of 0 and rely only on diffuse lighting for illumination.
 The only time ambient should be used with radiosity is when you want an object
to emit light.

I could not tell the differences between the images you posted, but there are
some radiosity artifacts I can see.  The strange lightness in the interior
corners is from the ambient light.  Can you post the related code?

-Reactor