POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 540k polygon Ajax model : Re: 540k polygon Ajax model Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 540k polygon Ajax model
From: Edouard Poor
Date: 2 Sep 2008 18:40:00
Message: <web.48bdc0756dd8a1bf2e8115d20@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> I think you succeeded superbly in your lighting. Even with such a
> simple trivial texture it looks very good.

I can't take any credit for the lighting and positioning of the statue - all I
did was copy the rendering on the Sunflow site as closely as I could - the
credit belongs to whoever did that original rendering ("Tartiflette" is all the
Sunflow page says).

There is no texturing either - just a slightly off-white pigment. It was the
inter-reflective lighting, simulated through radiosity in POVRay, that I found
fascinating.

Cheers,
Edouard.