POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Super Space Robot 001 - Japan Cool : Re: Super Space Robot 001 - Japan Cool Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Super Space Robot 001 - Japan Cool
From: Reactor
Date: 25 Aug 2008 19:40:02
Message: <web.48b341ed613ac9b829324fad0@news.povray.org>
"Musashi" <but### [at] yahoocojp> wrote:
> > I think your anime figures have something really appealling. They bring the
> > 2D world very nicely into the 3D one. Do you have plans to animate them?
> >
> > Thomas
>
> Thank you Thomas.Of course I want to make movies.However, I do not yet have
> technique to make anime. Now,I challenge it! Can you make movies by povray?
> http://www.cafepress.com/pigwednesday

Animations can be made using POV-ray by rendering the individual frames and
using another program to encode them as video.  POV has 'clock' and related
variables to allow someone to move objects, and can render a series of frames
as specified by the user.

Examples can be seen in the animations group, here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/

As for the 2D look, there are ways of producing it in POV, such as using the
find edges post-process in MegaPov (PP_Find_Edges() macro) or other programs
like PovEdge.

-Reactor