POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stochastic render rig focal blur FIXED : Re: Stochastic render rig focal blur FIXED Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stochastic render rig focal blur FIXED
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 22 Aug 2008 15:55:00
Message: <web.48af186090c1c695143e08e80@news.povray.org>
"Edouard Poor" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:

> Thank-you! I'm glad someone found it useful.
>
> Attached is my test object with focal blur using the technique above - I'd
> posted one a few days ago, but this one has the corrected focal blur, and does
> look a little better for it.

It looks good!

I tried rendering a 255-frame hdr version of your previously released code, and
of course I got the frames rendered just fine. The trouble came when I
attempted to average all 800x600p hdr images. I ran out of memory at one point,
I'm estimating at the 120th frame. I would have to average the whole sequence in
three parts, and then average the three parts together...

It would be nice to get the camera-shearing technique working with Rune's
illusion.inc, since I figured out a way to have each succeeding frame blend
proportionately with the previous ones. I can do motion blur that way, and see
the results accumulate. I don't think illusion.inc can take camera
transformations into account, and the result is a terrible "walking" of the
frames.

Good work, at any rate. Have you tried moving the camera in a circular fashion
to produce an even result? I've got an array of 227 points distributed evenly
within a circle, if you are interested.

Sam