POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Test Object with Bubbles : Re: Test Object with Bubbles Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:15:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test Object with Bubbles
From: Edouard Poor
Date: 16 Aug 2008 23:50:01
Message: <web.48a79f00623ffbdddbf7248f0@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> You're right, those bubbles do make it look more transparent. I'd never
> thought of that! Though I think your bubbles could be much smaller, so
> they're a lot more subtle.
>
> I like the idea of a test object but I think it needs to have some colours.
> To really test a lighting setup I'd want to see a sphere in each primary &
> secondary colour, so I can see which colours looks good in that scene. Or
> perhaps just a selection of different materials that you might use in your
> scenes.

Good point on the bubbles - the first casualty of rendering is subtly. Here's
another with more subdued bubbles.

This time I rendered it using more of my stochastic rig - so the anti-aliasing
is done by moving the camera each frame, as is the depth of field blur. Because
I then got to turn off POVs anti-aliasing, the total render time dropped even
though the output image also adds a focus blur.

I also tried a different lightprobe this time too.

Cheers,
Edouard.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: