POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Test Object : Re: Test Object Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test Object
From: Edouard Poor
Date: 14 Aug 2008 18:15:01
Message: <web.48a4ad791346d0fc17e538890@news.povray.org>
"George J. Wallace" <geo### [at] msncom> wrote:
> Hi Edouard;
>   How did you get the machine-turned finish?  Everything I've ever tried has
> killed my rendering times.  I finally had to resort to just applying a
> bump-map...George

I'll try to post the source soon, but it's just a repeating version of Rune's
brushed metal texture - see http://runevision.com/3d/povgoodies/ for his one.

I use a black and white bitmap to alternate between each overlapping circle, as
I can't think of a good way of doing it purely in the SDL.

Cheers,
Edouard.