POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my pool table with shinier billiard balls : Re: my pool table with shinier billiard balls Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my pool table with shinier billiard balls
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 13 Aug 2008 13:35:00
Message: <web.48a31aae9c5df9dd85de7b680@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> ok, here are more reflective billiard balls

I suggest cranking up the ambient on the ceiling lights to something
ridiculous--like 5.0 or so (unless it's an HDR light probe, in which case i
don't know what i'm talking about, so never mind).  I want to see some
HIGHLIGHTS.  :-)  And since billiard balls are non-metallic, they should
reflect the colors of the lights and objects that they're relecting.  I
generally use something like this for glossy things:

   finish
   {  reflection { 0 0.4 /* no color here */ fresnel }
      specular 1 roughness 0.001
   }
   interior { ior 1.5 }