POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my pool table : Re: my pool table Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:14:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my pool table
From: jhu
Date: 12 Aug 2008 16:10:00
Message: <web.48a1ede9359c5e9c64c67c0@news.povray.org>
I'll post an updated picture, but I found the problem. Apparently:

union{
  sphere{... pigment{...}}
  finish{...}
}

doesn't give the same results as:

union{
  sphere{... pigment{...} finish{...}}
}

How annoying. Why doesn't the scope of the finish encompass the entire union in
the first case? I had to manually enter the finish for each object within the
union to get the desired result. Anyway, I'll post the image when it finishes
rendering.