POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unexpected Abstract (168k jpg) : Re: Dunes (64k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:32:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dunes (64k jpg)
From: Reactor
Date: 12 Aug 2008 15:25:00
Message: <web.48a1e2994025b6ec993f4ab30@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> Nice one indeed! Good work.
> The texture is indeed not truly right here. UV mapping?
>
> Thomas

No, unfortunately.  I was having trouble with the Wings uv mapping export at the
time.  I might revisit it at another point, but it was really an experiment into
finding a good way of making overhangs in landscapes.  The next thing I want to
try is something my brother described: a six-sided heightfield in which 6
images determine the shape of the landscape.  I am not sure how to implement
that yet, but that and another idea of blending heightfields and meshes are
things we want to test out and see if they would be feasible.

-Reactor