POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing around with Megapov and hdri : Re: Playing around with Megapov and hdri Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing around with Megapov and hdri
From: triple r
Date: 3 Aug 2008 21:55:00
Message: <web.4896608fe4e663e1ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I got the idea from an image I saw on deviant art. Is there a more comprehensive
> tutorial on using this feature? Also, does anyone know of any programs that can
> make .hdr files that run on unix-like systems?

Not POV-specific, but here's an interesting page:

http://www.hello-napalm.com/tuts/tut_hdri.html

As for hdr utilities, here's one I just started playing around with.  The first
is the set of tools, the second has a nice GUI for building hdr files from
digital photos:

http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/pfstools/
http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/

 - Ricky