POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #6 - first obstacle! : Re: PoVEarth, day #6 - first obstacle! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth, day #6 - first obstacle!
From: Reactor
Date: 1 Aug 2008 10:40:01
Message: <web.48931f7951b8f74a5206c9930@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> High!
>
> Reactor schrieb:
>
> > I can see some artifacts that may be from your radiosity settings.  Can you post
> > your code?  If not, I recommend lowering your error bound to about 1/3 to 1/4 of
> > what it is.  Since a lot of the light is to be reflected from the bright, fully
> > lit corner, changing the error bound may increase the brightness in this case.
> > There are some other settings changes that I think you should consider also.
>
> I increased count to 200 and lowered error_bound to 0.45... but the
> result (see attachment) did not improve significantly!
>
> Perhaps it's because the rear walls are not close enough as I did not
> yet add the interior walls separating the apartments and rooms...
>
> The code:

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the indoors much brighter without
brightening the outdoors.  I was playing with 'exposure' under MegaPov 1.21.
The only thing I can recommend is using a different diffuse value for indoors
(like 1.00) and outdoors (like 0.50), and boosting the brightness in the
radiosity block.

HTH
-Reactor