POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #6 - first obstacle! : Re: PoVEarth, day #6 - first obstacle! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth, day #6 - first obstacle!
From: Reactor
Date: 31 Jul 2008 15:15:00
Message: <web.48920e9d51b8f74a6ab758af0@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> High!
>
> Blue Herring schrieb:
>
> > It depends on what settings you are already using, but have you tried
> > increasing the recursion_limit so the light will bounce around in the
> > rooms more and light up th walls?
>
> Yes, meanwhile (after re-programming the whole scene, which was also
> lost in the harddisk crash last week) I increased recursion_limit up to
> 20, but that won't either do the trick - see attached image!
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

I can see some artifacts that may be from your radiosity settings.  Can you post
your code?  If not, I recommend lowering your error bound to about 1/3 to 1/4 of
what it is.  Since a lot of the light is to be reflected from the bright, fully
lit corner, changing the error bound may increase the brightness in this case.
There are some other settings changes that I think you should consider also.

-Reactor