POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : One more light dome based test image : One more light dome based test image Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  One more light dome based test image
From: Edouard Poor
Date: 30 Jul 2008 17:15:00
Message: <web.4890d961cf7eef0fa8993fbc0@news.povray.org>
One more image rendered with a light dome auto-generated from an HDR lightprobe.
This scene has 200 area lights; each just 3x3 with jitter and orient.

The central sphere's dull reflection is simply phong highlights to the 200 light
sources (and microfacets to give it a slightly rougher appearance).

The floor is just a plane with an image, a bump map, and a specular map setting
the variable reflection.

Finally I photoshopped it to give it a slightly more "photographic" appearance
(a glow
effect, a lens distortion, and adding slight noise into the darker areas of the
scene). The impact was minor, but I think helps. People have code to
do those things inside POV, but I just prefer using Photoshop.

Cheers,
Edouard.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'phong-200-lights.jpg' (230 KB)

Preview of image 'phong-200-lights.jpg'
phong-200-lights.jpg