POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Evaluation : Re: Evaluation Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Evaluation
From: alphaQuad
Date: 28 Jul 2008 13:30:00
Message: <web.488e016ac37480dbdc0a30e20@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> Hey all, I was just going through my submissions for the TC-RTC and looked
> at this image for the first time in ages. And I'm like: "What? I did that?"
>
>    I'm glad I did look again because I can see that the pistol isn't right
> in the hand. There are other flaws too like the veg is too uniform, rocks
> too uniform, etc.
>
>    But, I'm proud of this image. I remember what I went through to produce
> it, heh.  :)
>
>    Can you spot anywhere else that I need to improve it?  (Your eyes are
> better than mine!)
>
>      If I can, I want to update it. Just looking for other ideas atm.
>
>       ~Steve~

Been too busy to look. Looks like the victim was hit in the eye, or some
futuristic grav/time warp weapon is about to suck him in, some black hole
developing near right arm.

What am I NOT seeing?

"too uniform" ? probably TOO critical. I dont really see that. When did they
start latheing rifling in the barrels? Before of after these guns? If after,
then someone is too good of a shot for a ballshot that doesnt spin. There are
larger body parts, easier to hit.

2 cents

I think I once said, content is everything and realism over-rated. There was
once a comedy called, How to Murder your Wife. A comic strip writer always went
out and photographed his scenes before drawing up the publication. His readers
knew it, so when they saw scenes of him murdering his wife no one was amused.

What's on your mind? The more you talk about it the less its there.
aQ