POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : latest CGSphere iteration : Re: latest CGSphere iteration Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: latest CGSphere iteration
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 14 Jul 2008 07:25:00
Message: <web.487b36e4a5d4aab5731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> Wondering how you placed the grass at the recesses of the sphere,
> trace() against the deforming texture?

No, just trace() against the sphere union, and only place grass if the point's
distance from the centre is under a threshold value.

> btw, I thought of this and snapped a few shots:

Cool. I'm definitely going for the narrow-crevice very-bushy-clump look, but
probably with lots of dead blades (straw-coloured) and some long stalks too.
These mages could come in handy. I can't keep running outside to stare at the
road!

Bill