POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : For Gnomeregan! : Re: For Gnomeregan! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For Gnomeregan!
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 11 Jul 2008 08:45:00
Message: <web.4877549b71dbf4105a8888d90@news.povray.org>
"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Although I got first place in the final 2007 TC-RTC round for the topic
> Aeroplanes, I ran out of time during the competition and submitted my entry
> unfinished.
>
> I had a bit of free time the last few days and decided to put some finishing
> touches on my entry. I added some pilots (conspicuously absent in the original)
> and some media steam trails from the steampunkish flyer engines. Anyway, here it
> is in final form.
>
> For those of you that haven't checked out the TC-RTC, you should:
>
> http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/
>
> -Rob

Nifty! I don't despise "Steampunk" or anything like that, but I like your style
much better than a good deal of the imagery that I have seen under that
heading.  Whereas much (certainly not all) of the standard Steampunk canon
tends toward a grungy, dystopic world view, your work seems to me to be in a
more light-hearted, adventure-loving vein that I prefer.

Best Regards,
Mike C.