POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : combining partial images : Re: combining partial images Server Time
17 Jun 2024 15:10:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: combining partial images
From: stevenvh
Date: 8 Jul 2008 12:55:01
Message: <web.48739bba7ec83d1bc0721a1d0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> stevenvh <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I made a set of partial images using Start_Column, End_Column, Start_Row and
> > End_Row.
> > Now I want to combine them, but Photoshop can't read the images. Are the files
> > not standard bitmap files (PNG in my case)?
> > Any tools around to do this?
>
>   Try with the Gimp. IIRC, it ignores the errors and reads the images.
> You can then re-save them.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Hi Warp,
thanks for the suggestion. Installed GIMP and it does read the files alright.
However. In the POV-Ray render window the non-rendered area is checkered, so I
presumed it would be transparent. My Photoshop-idea was to load all the files
as individual layers, and then simply flatten the image.
GIMP shows the non-rendered area as black, so the simple trick won't do.