POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : new CGSphere wip : Re: new CGSphere wip Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new CGSphere wip
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:25:01
Message: <web.486a3d439c465bad731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> The grass add some more touch of realism to the background.
> Just a question: it seems to grow normal to the bricks, such as the
> gravity center would be at the cgsphere position. Is an intended effect?

Well, it just seems the easiest way to do it, and it stops the tussocks
intersecting the blocks too obviously. I have no problem leaving it this way,
especially as a) the grass is likely to stay small so it's not obvious, and b)
the slightly surreal feel is in keeping with the concept of the compo anyway.

:)