POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tracers : Re: Tracers Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tracers
From: alphaQuad
Date: 30 Jun 2008 23:50:00
Message: <web.4869a83db85a6760bc412700@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> Potrace works but suddenly I see there is no standard SVG file-storage format
> and this one is a pain to rewrite my svg-reader ARGH!

ya Flyer, hey.

really wasnt clear, sorry and thanks for the effort. 3 SVG files have come my
way, hence I have now written 3 SVG readers because file output was different
ea time, some with spaces around a command, easy, some with commands shoved up
against numbers in both directions, try doing that with *numbers* and
deciphering.
some with commands every 3rd(Mm) or 7th token, some expecting currentcommand
used instead on each 6-set.

The reader must be written as if commands have no spaces around them, reading
one char at a time.

Perhaps my 4th attempt will be the last.

"no standard SVG file-storage format" *in this world*.

Command line potrace will be perfect for calling from other apps once the
SVG-POV translator has seen the light as it were. potrace -s some.bmp ..
effortless on the command line.

catching up slowly,
aQ