POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kingdom (252k jpeg) : Re: Kingdom (252k jpeg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kingdom (252k jpeg)
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Jun 2008 00:30:00
Message: <web.48670e933b3e15e178dcad930@news.povray.org>
stbenge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> First off... sorry, it's not 3D. What you see before you is an on-going
> project of mine. The goal is to render a field in which endless pictures
> can be seen.

This is quite a beautiful work of art. Museum-quality, IMO.

The Shroud Of Turin came immediately to
mind, but I now see faces and more faces, of all different kinds and shapes.
Plus a Giger-esque look throughout, mingled with Indian religious imagery.

I see this being made into a large tapestry.

Your technique sounds fascinating. Any chance of giving us a simplified code
example, or even just a block diagram?? This is something I would love to
experiment with.

I can imagine that you did a fair number of test renders for this--or maybe not!
I was wondering if you knew beforehand exactly what the image would look like,
or if the final result was a surprise even to you?

Ken W.