POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : new CGSphere wip : Re: new CGSphere wip Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:34:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new CGSphere wip
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 24 Jun 2008 18:30:01
Message: <web.486174b79c465badbd1b3ad10@news.povray.org>
> Hi all
>
> I'm playing with a new idea for a CGSphere (http://www.cgsphere.com for the
> unfamiliar). The image below is my new version of the ground plane - the rules
> say don't modify the ground plane, but since many entries don't feature it at
> all I think I'm safe. I've not seen this done with the ground before so I
> thought I'd see if it were easy.
>
> It is.

Aha, I've been wondering about those types of images with the curved tiled
background like the middle of a half-pipe. I assume you used the mesh relief
macros to deform the block? If so, what what the mesh resolution? These look
really great!

About the rule-bending Bill, though it says: "The grid plane must remain mapped
with the provided grid texture and it may not be edited in any way (texture
included)," but I saw plenty of top-rated images that modified the tiles a lot.

-Rob