POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : StarGate : StarGate Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  StarGate
From: alphaQuad
Date: 22 Jun 2008 19:20:01
Message: <web.485edd4adf4b5892b6e5c2470@news.povray.org>
http://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-103776.html
Freekin 30 meg StarGate.blend file. Doh.

Spent like 10 minutes trying write a Wavefront file with Blender,
gave up at around a 150meg obj file thinking I could make my own in less time!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_%28device%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Milky_way_stargate_with_very_detailed_glyphs2.svg

Any skilled ideas out there?

Something more like this, only not 30 or 150 megabytes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SG1stargate.jpg
or even like this:
http://www.stephenmeli.net/images/irisopen.jpg

Just to inflict interest, here a poor man's attempt:
Needs so much work. Like building a model, argh. Crude bumped disk so far.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'stargate2.png' (360 KB)

Preview of image 'stargate2.png'