POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Findsurface Hair Macro : Findsurface Hair Macro Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  Findsurface Hair Macro
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 20 Jun 2008 14:30:00
Message: <web.485bf5c3be199531bd1b3ad10@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I've been pretty bored at work today (a typical Friday) so I started playing
around with Maggot's findsurface macros that I downloaded from the POV objects
collection a few days ago.

I soon discovered that the default "hair" is a series of disjointed cones that
didn't look so good to me, so I modified the hair macro to use individually
textured sphere_sweeps. I used spherical image_mapping as a quick
hack - the texture rotation angles are still wrong but here's the result from my
first test render (I was testing some wall/floor textures too). Well, it was
more fun than filling out TPS reports all morning, heh.

As always, comments welcomed... TGIF!
-Rob

"There is no spoon."

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'findsurface_hair1.jpg' (276 KB)

Preview of image 'findsurface_hair1.jpg'
findsurface_hair1.jpg