POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why don't you go home (final) [~210 kB] : Re: Why don't you go home (final) [~210 kB] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why don't you go home (final) [~210 kB]
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 13 Jun 2008 08:55:00
Message: <web.48526d04f97e4e8bd1b3ad10@news.povray.org>
> Yes, I know what you mean. I have met exactly the same cliff problems a
> couple of years ago, which made me a bit weary of isosurfaces used in large
> scene settings. I wonder now if Bill Pragnell's Mesh Approximator macro
> could do a good job here. Hmmm... [note to self: look into isosurface cliff
> mesh translation].

I've been playing with the Bill's mesh relief macros for several days. It's a
brilliant piece of work. Nice job there Bill!

I know Tor Olav posted a rewrite of the old isosurface-to-mesh-approximation
macros a few months back - somehow I'd forgotten and your response jogged my
memory. Ah, I just found it here:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/message/%3C47be20ab%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C47be20ab%40news.povray.
org%3E

Oh well, too late to use it for this round, but hopefully I'll have better
success than I did with the original Loney version (not much, that is) years
ago.

Well, my bridge builders render had stablized at about 35 pixels/sec and after
15 hours I just noticed that I forgot to turn on the switch for rendering the
little boat, bah! Okay, starting it again... TGIF

-Rob

"There is no spoon."