POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Fixing mandelx_pattern : Re: Fixing mandelx_pattern Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:51:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fixing mandelx_pattern
From: Algo
Date: 12 Jun 2008 16:25:01
Message: <web.4851849556e5854ed9b2aafa0@news.povray.org>
No I didn't claim that it is faster than the exponent=2 special code.  I haven't
measured that.  I have measured vs. the mandelx with exponent = 2 and it turned
out to be a few x faster there.

If speed is the only consideration, then one picks the fastest choice,
obviously.  I will measure the new code vs. the exponent=2 special code.

If there is a threshhold for trading off some amount of speed in exchange for
some amount of code reduction, then it's parameters.  Better judged by experts
like yourself who know the values of such trade-offs.

I'm an enthusiastic code pruner, myself.

Algo