POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Fixing mandelx_pattern : Fixing mandelx_pattern Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:38:36 EDT (-0400)
  Fixing mandelx_pattern
From: Algo
Date: 6 Jun 2008 19:35:00
Message: <web.4849c8f7f7b98f16d9b2aafa0@news.povray.org>
Hello

I have been using POV on and off since the early 90s.  It was a fabulous product
then, and it is fabulous now.

Small as it is, I would like to offer a contribution of my own: fixing
mandelx_pattern.  I have hacked together a demonstration of my proposed
improvement:

1.) Accuracy is not damaged.  In fact it is improved.  In a typical test case:

2.) Speed is improved.  The enclosed graph shows measured performance

2x to 20x]
3.) Maintainability  is improved.  The code is easier to read and, for instance,
the binomial_coeff stuff is no longer needed.

If you would be interested, drop me a note.

Algo