POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ping Pong Swimming Pool : Re: Ping Pong Swimming Pool Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ping Pong Swimming Pool
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 27 May 2008 00:55:00
Message: <web.483b92e72384bfbd85de7b680@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> > OK, here's an attempt at a round of PBI Ping Pong :)
> >
> > I definitely have my own ideas for this image, but I'm also curious what
> > other people could do with it.
> >
> > ...Chambers
>
> RBBOCP:  Reflective beach balls on checkered pool.

Please find source attached.

Notes:

- I'm using 3.6, so I added global_settings { assumed_gamma 1 }.

- I added a switch to turn off the area light.  Just add declare=Debug=1 to
  the command line, and remove it for the final render.

- The beach balls looked too heavy in the water, so i raised them a bit.

- I put in a hack to make the balls look translucent.  Not too convincing.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'callwood-pool.pov.txt' (8 KB)