POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Target System : Re: Target System Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Target System
From: alphaQuad
Date: 18 May 2008 13:25:01
Message: <web.483065c113d137c5850dfab90@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Jan Dvorak wrote:
> > It resembles the Blender monkey. Is the ship derived from this monkey?
>

> Romulan Warbird from Star Trek: the Next Generation.  Was around at
> least a few years before Blender.
>
> --
> Tim Cook
> http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com

Mr. Cook's reply seems to make sense if we are talking shape, tho I fail to see
any resemblance to "Blender monkeys" found so far other than the color
chrome-blue.

The model was made probably around the time Blender was a gleam in someone's
eye. I snagged it and rebuilt it to correct many things, but first scripted the
tools to do it; mesh builder/viewer.

The Warbird file had a phone number in it. I called the guy. Nothing to say
really. I probably spent way more time fixing it than he spent to knock it out.
The shapes were good, it had to be fixed. And I like the few points and memory
it takes.

So there is the little Warbird's story, not counting the battles.