POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad Visual Pun Thread : Re: Bad Visual Pun Thread Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad Visual Pun Thread
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 13 May 2008 18:45:00
Message: <web.482a1990cf9e20629f76baaf0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 18:26:39 EDT, "Mike the Elder" <nomail@nomail>
> wrote:
>

> >Gilles Tran was absolutely correct.
> >It is a "red hare ring"(e.g. "red herring")
> >
> >http://ask.yahoo.com/20010718.html
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring_%28narrative%29
>
> We called him Kipper because he was two faced and spineless :)
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

But... when it became clear that he was not long for this world, his fellow
employees at the canning factory felt really bad about the shabby way in which
they had treated him and vowed to work extra hard in his memory.  "Let's tin one
for the Ol' Kipper", they cried!

With insincere apologies,
Mike C.