POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : dodeca-icosa transformation (76k jpg) : Re: dodeca-icosa transformation (76k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dodeca-icosa transformation (76k jpg)
From: jute
Date: 13 May 2008 04:45:01
Message: <web.482954961b4f0924f43b014e0@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> stbenge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Clever!  And thanks for the motivation!  I have a version of this path-tracing
> now, but I don't think I'll be able to afford the render time.  Just five
> independent, interlocking pieces.  The real thing is back home.  It's easy to
> hold it, turn it, and stare at it for quite some time.

This, and Samuel Benge's recent images, perhaps some others, show a bloomy kind
of 'new' lighting effect.  I think I first noticed a similar effect in Tek's
marvelous 'Elements' image.  How're you doing it if I may ask?  Good use of
focal blur is certainly a part of it, but there's something about the lights
too ...

--
jussi