POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : dodeca-icosa transformation (76k jpg) : Re: dodeca-icosa transformation (76k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:30:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dodeca-icosa transformation (76k jpg)
From: triple r
Date: 13 May 2008 00:25:00
Message: <web.482917861b4f0924dcb320720@news.povray.org>
stbenge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Whoa, that look like a photograph, TR. *Very* nice! How did you model
> it? How did you add the luminous bloom effect? Keep posting things like
> that :)

Thanks, but you won't be so congratulatory when I describe the process:

Wood?  image_map from http://www.defcon-x.de/textures

Tetrahedron?  Wings3d

And for the real kicker,

Bloom?  *gimp* (no color correction though)

I played around with bokeh for bloom or blurring a copy and putting it in front
of the camera, but when it comes right down to it, it's VERY difficult to beat
the controllability and efficiency of post-processing--the bokeh tests I posted
a while back took a whole lot of samples.  That means I only respect you more
for getting it to work, but I really shouldn't be spending this much time on
POV-Ray projects, so I try to make the most of it.  And if that doesn't fly,
I'll have to go for the, "I was young and dumb... it was just a different time
back then" defense.  ;)

 - Ricky