POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : paperboard icosahedron (44k jpg) : Re: paperboard icosahedron (44k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: paperboard icosahedron (44k jpg)
From: triple r
Date: 9 May 2008 23:15:01
Message: <web.48251267fff24494dcb320720@news.povray.org>
stbenge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Nothing spectacular here, just a render showing how an icosahedron can
> be made using 20 tabbed triangles of paperboard. There are extra tabs
> that you can barely make out; they go under the obvious tabs you can see.
>
> I shamelessly ripped rotation values from "shapes2.inc."
>
> Questions and comments, welcome as per usual :)
>
> Sam

I always like the ethereal feel of your images.  This is no exception.  I'll
have to check out shapes.inc too.  That would make this sort of thing much
easier.  Probably takes about as much time as it does to make the real thing.
It really is very relaxing to make these things.  That's probably why I have a
whole shelf of them at home!

 - Ricky