POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : caged ball statue : Re: caged ball statue Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: caged ball statue
From: triple r
Date: 8 May 2008 13:05:00
Message: <web.4823325f41974a23e90a22420@news.povray.org>
Jan Dvorak <jan### [at] centrumcz> wrote:

> it is. But even though, I have to do something manually.
> Sometimes the select similar selects more than I want so I have to be
> inventive in these cases.
> And one thing I've discovered that edge>scale uniform>0% is more useful
> than vertices>weld.
> I also miss "select by material".
> By the way, can you guess the illumination settings?

Ah, yes.  The lack of color.  The noise.  That looks familiar.  I did finally
figure out though that with reflection{rgb <*,*,*>}, you can change the color
of the object.  Glad someone tried it out, but at the same time it's such a
shameful patch next to what fidos has done that I hope it only gets people
interested enough to do it right...

 - Ricky