POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just another sphere : Re: Just another sphere Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just another sphere
From: triple r
Date: 8 May 2008 08:30:00
Message: <web.4822f129dcce95a6dcb320720@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sven [] jamaica-focus [] com> wrote:
> By the way, can you e-mail me a large image of this creation, maybe
> 1600x1200 pixels? Or even the source code? That would be great! Thanks.
>
> Sven

Thanks.  The whole source, commented to the point that it reads like a book, is
in p.t.s-f under "Fancy sphere with 'Path-tracing'".  The trivial modification
to the POV-Ray source for the path-tracing is included, although based on some
quick tests, it should look no different than the radiosity version which is
turned on/off with with the path_tracing_on variable.  The radiosity settings
have not been tested very well, so you should be able to render it with those,
but it sure won't be optimal.  Hope that works!

 - Ricky