POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : 3D game of life : 3D game of life Server Time
1 Jun 2024 17:43:52 EDT (-0400)
  3D game of life
From: milco2006
Date: 30 Apr 2008 15:20:01
Message: <web.4818c61abd7200ff4b71cf790@news.povray.org>
Hi,

This is my first real use of povrays animation features and so I thought I would
post it up to let people see.

The animation is based around Conways game of life but then extrapolated into a
3D setting (if you don't know about the 2D version go here
http://www.bitstorm.org/gameoflife/ you will understand better that way)
At the moment I am just having fun running my code and trying to work out some
sensible 'life and death' rules, however here is a first shot with it. I have
also included two runs of the code, one with spheres for each cell and another
with blobs, let me know which you prefer.

The video can be found at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0pmtKtkw9Y

Malcolm