POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court : Re: Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court
From: alphaQuad
Date: 29 Apr 2008 11:10:01
Message: <web.48173a11c26570bf13be7ef30@news.povray.org>
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:41:43 -0400, alphaQuad wrote:
>
> > I think plonked is just a way for him to hide when he doesnt have the
> > courage to respond, or is just speechless and dumbfounded.
>
> Well, certainly speechless and dumbfounded - people with the attitude
> you've exhibited here display interesting psychological tendencies, and
> it is difficult to resist prodding to see what response I can get.
>
> But most of the time, there's just too much time investment, so your
> 'plonked' status in my reader simply is a reminder to myself not to waste
> *too* much time in conversation, because your online persona (at least)
> is one that seeks to incite or inflame.
>
> Sorry to ruin your little game, but I've got you pretty well figured out,
> and while I find the traits you exhibit detestable, I find the
> personality fascinating because of the way in which the persona expresses
> itself.  People sometimes express themselves differently in their online
> persona than IRL, so I honestly couldn't say what kind of person anyone
> exhibiting this type of behaviour is like IRL, unless I've actually
> encountered them IRL.
>
> So, for example, your "doesn't have the courage to respond" is nothing
> more than an incitement.  It's purile name-calling in its lowest form -
> an attempt to try to say "oooh, he's scared!" like some frightened little
> child.  That's funny, because you don't know me, and only the bits of my
> history (if you've been paying attention, which I somehow doubt) that
> I've posted here.  I've been around online communities (have built a few
> in my time, in actuality) and there is nothing anyone can say that will
> *frighten* me.
>
> Your words and your actions don't even come close to invoking any sort of
> fear - just laughter.  So thanks, aq, for the laughs. :-)
>
> Jim

It is my pleasure. At least while your laughing you'll be less likely to incite,
inflame or harm others. I wouldnt call it a strength, but something you do well.
Fear is another thing you can't feel like a good soul can. Fear makes people
more intelligent if they know when to listen to it.

It been fun to reveal the real you.

I offer something you hate, Peace,
aQ