POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : PLEASE no more expiration nags : PLEASE no more expiration nags Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  PLEASE no more expiration nags
From: Physiker
Date: 26 Apr 2008 04:10:01
Message: <web.4812e2946ac6c03c3ca6cb110@news.povray.org>
Thank you very much for the phantastic povray raytracer and for the open beta
test versions.

But why expiration dates that make life so complicated?

First, I don't like seconds of waiting before the "extend" button appears.

And even worse: Extending the expiration date of pov3.7beta25 doesn't work on
w2k,
it crashes with an program-error.

I don't liked to change my system date every time I start the beta.
So I installed a tool "datecrck". Works fine...

Why not simply have a message box "you use an old beta", click ok and all is
fine for the next 7 days...

:-)

Thank you