POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just Words (and the 1st amendment) : Re: Just Words (and the 1st amendment) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just Words (and the 1st amendment)
From: alphaQuad
Date: 23 Apr 2008 02:20:01
Message: <web.480ed41c3e01513ed1f088050@news.povray.org>
Civilized people discuss the issues not vainly attempt to throw discrediting
insults like a childish pre-election ad campaign.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates taught
his students that the pursuit of truth could only begin once they start to
question and analyze every belief that they ever held dear. If a certain belief
passes the tests of evidence, deduction, and logic, it should be kept. If it
doesn't, the belief should not only be discarded, but the thinker must also
then question why he was led to believe the erroneous information in the first
place. Not surprisingly, this type of teaching didn't sit well with the ruling
elite of Greece. Many political leaders throughout history have always sought
to mislead the thinking of the masses. Socrates was tried for "subversion" and
for "corrupting the youth". He was then forced to take his own life by drinking
poison. It's never easy being an independent thinker!

Today, our ruling government/media complex doesn't kill people for pursuing the
truth about the world (at least not yet!) They simply label them as
"extremists" or "paranoid", destroying careers and reputations in the process.

Now in this case it was the very same tactic of attempting to label someone with
the same agenda of discrediting, a very old tactic indeed.

Now we know with what kind of individual we are dealing.

Pick something you understand. Argue for or against it. Give you supporting
evidence. If you don't understand something you query it for more info.

If you are threatened by something you wont do those civilized things.
My point exactly. Instead you will try to confuse the issue anyway possible.
You wont focus on anything in particular but muddy waters as much as possible.

Kind of like what the guy, (some guy from mars you infer with that kind of
language) has done already.

Oh the darkness in people is incomprehensible to me.

How many executions have you witnessed?
How many innocent people will be tortured before we all take a stand, or will we
ever?
Responsibility means the ability to respond. Can you not hear them, at night
when you sleep or are you too soulless to be able to hear or to even care?

Whatever "the guy" has to say this should be enough to discover "Patrick
Elliott". Slamming tactics in response to belief threatening ideas is what?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak
and about as old as the hills and twice as dusty. Can you be any more boring and
predictable Patty?