POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Weathered objects macros : Re: Weathered objects macros Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weathered objects macros
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 18 Apr 2008 06:40:00
Message: <web.48087961bc501b2731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Thibaut Jonckheere <tua### [at] MAPSONyahoofr> wrote:
> Sounds really interesting !
>
> Maybe you could provide an example scene file (the image you show here,
> or another one) where the macro is used, which could help the user to start.

Yes, good idea. I won't include the demo scene above because it uses quite
hi-res meshes and might be a bit confusing in the way I've laid the objects
out. Here's a much simpler demo scene:

http://www.infradead.org/~wmp/resources/meshdemo.pov

and the picture it generates is given below. It renders in 41 seconds (including
parsing) on a geriatric 900MHz Win98, which gives some indication of the macros'
advantages over isosurfaces... :)

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: