POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speed comparison between C# and C++ : Re: Speed comparison between C# and C++ Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speed comparison between C# and C++
From: Chambers
Date: 17 Apr 2008 14:15:00
Message: <web.4807928632efdb9f261d9700@news.povray.org>
Anyway, the C++ version was a port of the C# version... when I get home tonight,
I'm going to write the physics stuff from scratch in C++, and see what effect
that has.

For one thing, I found that I had to design the classes differently in C# than I
would have normally.  There's probably something in there that's hurting
performance.

--
.....Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com